Thursday, July 2, 2009

Rustic Rooster card!


I decided to try the WAX paper technique, only I did 4 colors!
After Ironing the WAX paper on the glossy card I brayered the first layer of ink in So Saffron, I then Ironed another piece of Wax paper and the 2nd color ink I used was Regal Rose, yet another Wax paper and my 3rd color was Lovely Lilac, my last Wax paper and my last color was Bravo Burgundy ink.
The base card is Kraft stamped with the sanded b/d stamp and I used Close to Cocoa ink, the following layer of card is Chocolate Chip and I distressed the edges with my Cutter Kit Tool and turned up 2 of the corners.
I then stuck my Coloured Waxed Gloss paper onto the Chocloate Chop c/s.
Ribbon I used was 5/8"Chocolate Chip, I also used an eyelet from last years earth elements eyelets. The orange c/s is from this years In-Colors~ Tangerine Tango and was stamped with Bravo Burgundy ink and sponged the edges with Close to Cocoa.
All stamps are from the Rustic Rooster stamp set except for the With Love~ it is from the Yummy stamp set and was stamped in Really Rust!
I used Stampin' Dementionals on the Rooster.
I am happy with the Wax Paper effect and can see myself using it more often.
Let me know what you think!
Thanks for looking at my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment